IIUCNN invites application from students for Ph. D. Generally, students are enrolled for Ph. D through Written Aptitude Test. However, few are exempted from WAT. Exemption from the Written Aptitude Test are
- JRF awardees.
- UGC Teacher Fellows.
- M.Phil. & M.Tech. (all discipline), MD & MS (Modern Medicine, Homoeopathy and Ayurveda) Degree holders in the subject of research concerned.
- Regular and permanent teachers from the University Departments and the Government/Aided Colleges affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University.
- Candidates who have qualified in the NET/SLET/GATE/GPAT,JEST,RGNF or other tests conducted by such Government bodies as UGC,CSIR,ICAR/ICMR. DST Women Scientist Awardees.
- KSCST/INSPIRE/MANF Fellowship Awardees.
- Scientists from the Accredited R & D Institutions.
ABOUT COURSEIIUCNN awards Ph. D in various subjects which includes Physics, Chemistry, Polymer, Microbiology, Biotechnology etc. Interested students can visit IIUCNN website or MG University website for the notification.
- Candidates who have passed the Post-Graduate examination in any discipline of Mahatma Gandhi University or of other Universities recognised as eligible thereto, securing not less than 55% marks in the aggregate, are eligible to apply for the Written Aptitude Test.
- For SC/ST/ OBC (Non Creamy layer)/ Differently abled Candidates / Candidates who obtained Masters degree prior to 19th September 1991, the minimum marks required for application is 50% in the aggregate in the Post Graduate Examination. Candidates awaiting results of their PG Examinations can also apply, but they shall qualify the PG Degree on or before joining the course.
- All the candidates who desire to apply for Ph.D. admission in the University Schools/Departments/Inter University Centres and approved Research Centres except those who are exempted have to appear for the Written Aptitude Test.
FEES AND FUNDINGCandidates have to remit Rs.1000/-(Rupees One Thousand Only) as applications fee. For SC/ST candidates, the fee for application is Rs. 500/-(Rupees Five Hundred Only). The mode of payment of the fee is Online only.