International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology has started a new course in Master of Technology (M. Tech.) in Advanced Polymeric Materials, owing to the higher demand for polymer-based materials in the present era. This course consists of a two-year duration with four semesters. The first and second semesters consist of regular classes and laboratory work, including mini-projects. The third and fourth semesters (final year) includes a complete research project with a probable scholarship
Eligibility for Admission
- MSc in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Polymer science or an equivalent degree with not less than 50% Marks or
- B. Tech in Polymer Engineering/Technology or Nanoscience and Nanotechnology or Chemical Engineering/Technology or Electronics and Communication or Biotechnology or Material Science or Mechanical, an equivalent degree with not less than 50% marks
- Subject to the regulation relating to prescribed minimum of the respective qualifying examination, the minimum marks for the admission to the course of studies shall be a pass in the case of SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates belonging to Socially and Educationally backward classes (SEBC) referred to GO(P)208/66Edn dated 2-5-96 and subsequent amendments to the order issued by the Government shall be given a relaxation of 2% marks in the prescribed minimum for the admission A relaxation of 5% marks from the prescribed minimum shall be allowed in the case of physically handicapped persons.
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination in more than one chance in the subject (excluding languages) will have their percentage marks de-rated at the rate of 5% for every additional appearance for the purpose of ranking.